Start your new year off right with a delicious brunch. Whether you’re recovering from New Year’s Eve or just grabbing some food with friends and family, here are the best places to get brunch on New Year’s Day, January 1, 2023.
NOTE: We’ll be adding more to this list as they are announced, so check back for updates. Hours and availability are subject to change, so please call ahead!
NEW YEAR’S DAY BRUNCHES IN Charleston
Frothy Beard Brewing Company
Celebrate the new year at Frothy Beard Brewing Company on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Guests can expect a fierce and frothy drag brunch hosted by Avaria Kass and Medusa Chaos from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Tickets are $30 and include a brunch buffet. The drag show will begin at noon.
Enjoy a New Year’s Day brunch at 82 Queen on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Brunch will begin at 10:00am with the last seating at 2:30pm. The brunch menu features buttermilk biscuits and fried green tomatoes.
Stop by Basic Kitchen on Sunday, January 1, 2023, for a New Year’s Day brunch from 10:00am to 3:00pm. The brunch menu is made up of small plates, sandwiches, bowls, salads, and more. Dinner will be served from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
Virginia’s on King
Head to Virginia’s on King for New Year’s Day Brunch on Sunday, January 1, 2023. The brunch menu features popular dishes including fried green tomatoes, crab cake sandwiches, and pancakes.
Slightly North of Broad
Slightly North of Broad is hosting a New Year’s Day brunch on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Brunch seatings will take place from 10:30am to 2:00pm. During the fall/winter season the menu features butternut squash bisque, house-smoked salmon, and steamed local clams.
Ritual, a popular rooftop lounge, is serving New Year’s Day brunch starting at noon on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Indoor and outdoor seating are both available. The outdoor patio is covered and heated.
Butcher & Bee
Kick-off 2023 with a Mediterranean brunch at Butcher & Bee on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Guests can make brunch reservations from 10:00am to 3:45pm. Seating is available at the chef’s counter, dining room, and outside patio.
Tavern & Table
Enjoy New Year’s Day Brunch at Tavern & Table on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Expect creative cocktails, staters, and brunch plates. Brunch will be served from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Enjoy Southern-comfort food for brunch at High Cotton on Sunday, January 1, 2023. New Year’s Day brunch reservations will take place from 10:00am to 1:45pm. Menu items will be priced individually.
Park & Grove
New Year’s Day brunch at Park & Grove will take place on Sunday, January 1, 2023, from 9:00am to 3:00pm. This popular neighborhood spot focuses on fresh, seasonal cuisine.
Bistronomy By Nico
Celebrate New Year’s Day with brunch at Bistronomy By Nico on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Guests can make reservations from 10:30am to 1:45pm. The menu will feature classic French dishes and ingredients.
Rudy Royale is offering a New Year’s Day brunch on Sunday, January 1, 2023, starting at 10:30am. The brunch menu features tasty shareable plates, sandwiches, entrees, and more.
Warehouse | The Lux
Enjoy a New Year’s Day brunch on Sunday, January 1, 2023, at Warehouse | The Lux. Expect a 5-course brunch tasting menu. The cost is $50 per person.
Coastal Provisions is hosting a special New Year’s Day brunch on Sunday, January 1, 2023. Menu items, priced individually, will feature a Hopping John Bowl, Eggs Benedict, and Avocado Toast. Seatings are available starting at 8:00am.
Other Restaurants & Bars Open on New Year’s Day
- Jalisco – 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- The Darling Oyster – 11:00am to 10:00pm
- Virginia’s on King – 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Church and Union – 10:00am to close
- The Longboard – 10:00am to 10:00pm
- Sullivan’s Fish Camp – 11:00am to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Tempest – 10:00am to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to close
- Amen Street Fish + Raw Bar – 11:30am to 10:00pm
- Tavern & Table – 10:00am to 11:00pm
- The King Claw – noon to 10:00pm
- Coterie – 11:30am to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to 10:30am
- Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar – 11:00am to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Rudy Royale – 11:30am to 10:00pm
- Watch Rooftop Kitchen & Spirits – 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Zero Restaurant + Bar – 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Charleston Grill – 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- The Living Room – 7:00am to 2:00pm | 3:00pm to 11:00pm
- Citrus Club – noon to 8:00pm
- Little Palm – 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Frannie & The Fox – 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Magnolias – 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Hank’s Seafood Restaurant – 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Melfi’s – 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Sorghum & Salt – 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Baker & Brewer – 11:00am to 11:00pm
- Rancho Lewis – 11:00am to 9:00pm
- Lewis Barbecue – 11:00am to 9:00pm
- Gabrielle Charleston in Hotel Bennett – 7:00am to 10:30am | noon to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Post House – 10:00am to 3:00pm | 5:00pm to 10:00pm