What fur baby doesn’t love a good patio hang? Stop calling every bar and restaurant to see if your dog is allowed—Charleston Guru has you covered! Here’s a list of 30+ dog-friendly patios in Charleston. This guide includes dog-friendly restaurants and bars broken down by neighborhood.
Things to Remember:
- Dogs must be on a 6-foot (or shorter), non-retractable leash.
- Dogs are only allowed in outdoor dining areas of restaurants. They cannot go inside for any reason.
- Dogs must be under control, or you might be asked to leave.
- Call ahead to confirm! Rules change or there may be a special event.
DOG-FRIENDLY PATIOS IN Charleston
- Bay Street Biergarten *GURU’S PICK FOR LUNCH
- Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer *GURU’S PICK FOR COFFEE
- Butcher & Bee
- Taco Boy (Downtown)
- Poogan’s Porch
- Brown Dog Deli
- Pearlz (Downtown)
- Eli’s Table
- Juanita Greenberg’s (Downtown)
- Edmund’s Oast
- Taco Boy (Folly Beach) *GURU’S PICK FOR LUNCH
- Lost Dog Cafe *GURU’S PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Rita’s Seaside Grille
- Chico Feo
- The Washout
- Snapper Jacks
- Commonhouse Aleworks *GURU’S PICK FOR DRINKS
- EVO Pizzeria *GURU’S PICK FOR DINNER
- DIG in the Park
- Ship’s Wheel
- Southern Roots Smokehouse
- The Junction Kitchen & Provisions
- Red’s Ice House *GURU’S PICK FOR LUNCH
- Tavern & Table *GURU’S PICK FOR DINNER
- Saltwater Cowboys
- Page’s Okra Grill
- The Shelter Kitchen & Bar
- Poe’s Tavern *GURU’S PICK FOR LUNCH
- Home Team BBQ (Sullivan’s Island) *GURU’S PICK FOR DINNER
- Dunleavy’s Pub
We’re always looking for more dog-friendly restaurants in Charleston, so let us know if we missed your favorite joint that welcomes dogs!